Greater Mount Carmel Baptist Church
In 1894, the Reverend A.L. Dutch, along with Deacon Arthur Bell and the entire membership of Shialo Baptist Church from Stage Pond, Florida, organized the Mount Carmel Baptist Church.
The present sanctuary at 122 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Ave. was erected in 1923 as a concrete block rectangular church building with "no heat" under the leadership of Reverend L.T. Thompson. "Greater" was added to the official church name on September 3, 1983. It continues to service the community and its members in worship.