The Finance Department's primary responsibilities are to safeguard City assets, account for public funds, ensure cost effectiveness, provide financial support to operating departments and report accurate and timely financial information. In support of these responsibilities, the department provides services relative to budgeting, accounting, billing and collection of City revenues and the process of payroll and accounts payables to Inverness residents, vendors, City departments and the Inverness Community Redevelopment Agency
Sheri Chiodo, Finance Director
View Hours of Operation and Finance Contact Information
- Revenue collection and control of nine funds with combined revenues of more than $10.5 million dollars.
- Audits and reconciles internal accounts and bank statements to ensure accuracy of accounting system.
- Controls and processes expenditures through 1100 purchase orders annually, maintaining related vendor accounts.
- Coordinates and publishes annually three budget documents: City Budget, the Capital Improvement Budget and the Whispering Pines Park Budget.
- Prepares utility billing and provides related services to over 4100 residential and commercial customers.
- Coordinates over 200 utility customer service work orders per month.
- Processes and maintains payroll system and related liability accounts for approximately 60 fulltime, part time and seasonal employees.