The City of Inverness has 4 different Committees with membership consisting of residents, business owners and supporting City staff. Some of the Boards have statutory powers, while others serve in an advisory capacity to the City Council. Board members are a valuable part of American local government that includes citizen input in the policy and decision making process.
- The ARCHITECTURAL AESTHETIC REVIEW COMMITTEE (AARC) purpose is to protect the integrity and appearance of the Inverness downtown district
- The INVERNESS COMMUNITY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY (ICRA) supports the City of Inverness downtown redevelopment efforts
- The PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION (P & Z) hears and makes recommendations regarding rezoning, comprehensive plan amendments and other changes impacting the City limits and the property within
- The ZONING BOARD OF ADJUSTMENTS (ZBA) hears and decides appeals or exceptions for the application of City code
- The CODE ENFORCEMENT SPECIAL MAGISTRATE hears and decides alleged violations of the City Code of Ordinances
- The UTILITY ARBITRATION COMMITTEE reviews and makes recommendation for adjustments to utility bills
In the City of Inverness, "Service is our Business". To make us truly a service community, we need your help and expertise. City Boards, Committees and Commission Members can be a strong, positive force in planning the development of our City. If you are interested in serving on one of the City Boards, Committees and or Commissions, please contact us at the Community Development Department (352) 726-3401 or fill out the application and email to DDS@Inverness.gov.
Feel free to contact Community Development Services Department for more information or assistance.