The Finance Department's primary responsibilities are to safeguard City assets, account for public funds, ensure cost effectiveness, provide financial support to operating departments and report accurate and timely financial information. In support of these responsibilities, the department provides services relative to budgeting, accounting, billing and collection of City revenues and the process of payroll and accounts payables to Inverness residents, vendors, City departments and the Inverness Community Redevelopment Agency.
Physical and Mailing Address: 212 W. Main Street, Inverness, FL 34450
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Revenue collection and control of nine funds with combined revenues of more than $10.5 million dollars.
- Audits and reconciles internal accounts and bank statements to ensure accuracy of accounting system.
- Controls and processes expenditures through 1,100 purchase orders annually, maintaining related vendor accounts.
- Coordinates and publishes annually three budget documents: City Budget, the Capital Improvement Budget and the Whispering Pines Park Budget.
- Prepares utility billing and provides related services to over 4,700 residential and commercial customers.
- Coordinates over 200 utility customer service work orders per month.
- Processes and maintains payroll system and related liability accounts for approximately 62 fulltime, part time and seasonal employees.
Finance Department ContactPhone: (352) 726-5016
Richard LaCondreDirectorPhone: (352) 726-2611 ext 1208
Paula CarnevaleAssistant Director of FinancePhone: (352) 726-2611 ext 1207
Stacey IddingsAccounts PayablePhone: (352) 726-2611 ext 1206